Seaboard’s Commodity Trading and Milling Division consists of vertically integrated grain processing and trading companies. Milling facilities are located throughout South America, the Caribbean and Africa and work directly with several affiliated commodity trading offices in strategic locations.
Vertical integration of procurement, transportation and processing functions provides SOTG with certain competitive advantages. Seaboard is uniquely qualified to assess and select the best quality and most consistent grain and protein meal suppliers worldwide as a result of the information gathered as part of raw material procurement for our own facilities and the qualitative analysis throughout the milling process. In addition, management of our bulk freight and chartered vessel fleets provides logistics control over the delivery of commodities to in-house and to third-party customers.
Primary commodities sourced and traded include wheat, corn, soybean meal, mill feed, rice, pulses, milk products, sugar, food oils and other protein meals. The division sources, transports and markets over 7 million tons of commodities each year.
Seaboard’s milling facilities include the following:
- Flour Milling: 16 Flour Mills in Africa, South America, and the Caribbean
- Feed Manufacturing: 9 countries in Africa and South America
- Maize Milling: 5 countries in Africa
- Trading: 17 offices in North America, South America, Europe, Africa, Singapore and Australia
- Poultry and pork production: 4 countries in Africa and South America
- Bakery Operations: 4 countries in Africa and South America
- Bulk Grain and Storage Terminals: 6 countries in Australia, Africa and South America
- Rice Milling: 1 location in South America
- Pulse Processing: 1 location in North America
- Oilseed Crushing: 4 countries in Africa, Europe and South America
- Pasta/Biscuit production: 4 countries in Africa and South America
With company owned and chartered vessels and a network of selected suppliers in the U.S., South America, Europe, Australia and Asia, we can provide grains, rice, sugar, oilseeds, pulses, processed food commodities to third party millers, feed manufacturers and distributors with consistent high quality raw materials and an assured delivery service.